Do you enjoy playing the lottery? Do you ever purchase tickets online? If so, then you’ll want to read this in-depth review of theLotter India. We’ll analyse everything you need to know about the site, including how to register, what games are available, and what benefits you can expect as a customer.
128-bit SSL security
Is theLotter a Genuine Website?
Yes, absolutely. theLotter has been in the online lottery industry since 2002 and holds a licence from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). Till now, the site has paid out more than $105 million in prize money to over 7 million winners, all the while ensuring that all transactions are processed through the safest gateways while using 128-SSL bit security layer for protecting your data.
In addition, the site also has a rating of four stars out of five on Trustpilot, with many positive reviews from customers.
Is Online Lottery Legal in India?
The legality of running an online lottery in India varies across the country. As of the time of writing, playing the lottery is deemed legal by 13 states out of 29. However, these laws are restricted to playing physical state lotteries and not online lotteries. In addition, the now-outdated Public Gambling Act of 1867 also doesn’t mention anything about purchasing lottery tickets online.
Therefore – unless the state government comes up with a law that explicitly bans online lottery sites – playing online lottery games is legal in India only if the provider in question is located outside the country, as foreign lottery operators don’t come under Indian jurisdiction.
Most Popular Games on theLotter
theLotter offers more than 45 lotteries, some of which offer the biggest jackpots in the world. Apart from lotteries, you can also play scratch cards and raffle draws. Let’s take a look at all of these games one by one below.
1. the Lotter Lotteries
- US Powerball: One of the most popular lotteries globally, the US Powerball is drawn every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Entrants have to select five numbers that range from 1 to 69, as well as one ‘Powerball’ number that ranges from 1 to 26. Your numbers need to match the numbers drawn in order to win. In 2016, US Powerball recorded one of the biggest lottery jackpots in the world, with a total value of a whopping $1.58 billion (₹1,30,65,70,73,000.00 approx.). The minimum jackpot for the lottery varies from $20 million (₹1,65,38,87,000.00 approx.) to $40 million (₹3,30,76,60,000.00 approx.).
- SuperEnalotto: SuperEnalotto is played in a manner similar to Powerball, in which you have to choose six numbers that range from 1 to 90. It is drawn every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, with a minimum jackpot of €2 million (₹16,23,94,302 approx.) and a maximum jackpot of over €150 million (₹12,18,02,21,687 approx.) on offer, making the latter the fifth-largest prize in online lotteries. Apart from jackpots, there are several secondary prizes up for grabs too.
- EuroMillions: A top lottery from the United Kingdom and one of the star lotteries of Europe, EuroMillions requires you to to choose a number from 1 to 50 and two ‘lucky star’ numbers from 1 to 12. It is drawn twice a week, every Tuesday and Friday, with a jackpot beginning from €17 million (₹1,38,05,53,000 approx.) and potentially going up to over €230 million (₹18,67,53,02,594 approx). Additionally, there are 12 secondary prizes offered in every draw.
- MegaMillions: MegaMillions is an American lottery wherein players have to select five numbers from 1 to 70, along with one ‘Mega Ball’ number that ranges from 1 to 25. The lottery is drawn every Tuesday and Friday. In 2018, MegaMillions offered a maximum jackpot of $1.537 billion (₹1,27,11,67,39,650 approx.), which is the second-highest jackpot ever offered by a lottery. Last year, MegaMillions again crossed the billion-dollar mark when it paid out a winning jackpot of $1.05 billion (₹86,83,96,72,500.00 approx.).
2. Scratch Cards
Here are some of the top scratch cards that you can play on theLotter:
- Christmas Cashcade: Christmas Cashcade is a winter-themed scratch card that can net you spectacular prize of $200k (₹1,65,47,710.00 approx.). In this game, all you need to do is scratch the snowflakes on a 3×3 grid to display the hidden cash value of the card. If the three values match, you win the prize. The RTP rate for this game is 50%.
- EuroJackpot Scratch: EuroJackpot is a popular lottery that also offers a scratch card game. Again, you will need to scratch the card in the hopes that the numbers match the winning numbers written on top. With an RTP of about 66.6%, you can get in with the chance to win €100k (₹82,73,855.00 approx.).
- Powerball Scratch: In Powerball Scratch, the numbers on your scratch card should match the numbers that are drawn. The game has an RTP of 60% and offers a winning prize of an incredible $150k (₹1,24,10,782.50 approx.), as well as many secondary prizes.
The raffle is another form of lottery where players usually buy a number of tickets from which one (or more) has to match a ticket that is randomly drawn. Here are some of the top raffles lottery on theLotter:
- Lotería Nacional: Lotería Nacional is a Spanish raffle in which participants buy a ticket that consists of a five-digit code ranging from 00000-99999. Each of these tickets has 10 duplicates and are shared into 10 splits. The winning prize varies for every draw and can go up to €84 million (₹6,80,89,56,000.00 approx.), €105 million (₹8,51,11,95,000.00 approx.), or €140 million (₹11,34,91,99,446.20 approx.). With around 10 million people able to participate in this raffle, the Loteria Nacional is drawn on a monthly basis.
- Lotería de Navidad: This lottery is drawn annually and has a winning prize of a mind-boggling €2.4 billion (₹1,94,64,00,00,000 approx.) – the highest jackpot in this form of lottery. Lotería de Navidad operates similarly to Lotería Nacional, where each ticket has 10 duplicates, and the players are paid the winning prize per their share.
- Lotería del Nino: In this lottery, every ticket has a 5-digit code ranging from 00000 and 99999. The tickets are split into 10 shares, with participants receiving payouts per their contribution. Lotería del Nino has a prize pool of €700 million (₹56,78,94,17,090 approx.).
How To Sign Up To theLotter Website
Simply follow the below instructions in order to sign up to theLotter:
Step 1: Visit the theLotter website.
Step 2: Click on the “Log In/ Sign In” button, which is present at the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Proceed with the sign-in process and complete your registration by buying your first lottery ticket.
How to Purchase a Lottery Ticket
Once you have completed the registration process, you can start playing your favourite lotteries.
Step 1: Visit theLotter site and choose an online lottery from the 45+ options available.
Step 2: Click on the lottery of your choice and fill in the required information to buy a ticket.
Step 3: The next step would be to select your numbers, which you can choose numbers manually or automatically using the Quick Pick function.
Step 4: Click on “PLAY” to proceed with your order.
Step 5: Make the payment to complete the purchase.
Step 6: Look out for the confirmation email once the order is finalised.
Having more payment options at hand always makes life easier. Here are the payment options that are available on theLotter and which are accessible to Indian customers:
theLotter Mobile App
theLotter also has a dedicated online lottery mobile app that can be downloaded by Android and iOS users, offering the same features found on the desktop site together with an enhanced user experience.
With theLotter app, you can get customised notifications of lottery results and instant access to lottery games. Android users can find the link to download the app on the official website, while iOS users can download the app from the App Store.
Customer Support at theLotter
Analysing the customer support team of any online casino or lottery site is an important part of our review process. We did the same with theLotter and found its customer support team to be quite efficient, as they are available 24/7 and use an advanced online translator, which allows you to communicate in any language of your choice.
You have the option to reach out to them via live chat where the response is immediate, while you will have to wait for a maximum of 24 hours to get a response through email.
Alternatively, you can request a call on your registered number using either channel mentioned above or browse through the site’s FAQ section to see if you query has already been listed and resolved.
theLotter has seen winners from across different continents winning enormous lottery jackpots and prizes from several of the world’s top online lotteries, including Mega Millions, EuroMillions, US Powerball, and others. The table below has information on the biggest rewards:
|Name (full name withheld for privacy concerns)||Country||Jackpot Amount||Year|
|A.D.||Panama||$30 million (₹2,47,85,10,000 approx.)||2017|
|M.M.||Iraq||$6.4 million (₹52,88,70,400 approx.)||2015|
|J.T.||Finland||$1.45 million (₹11,97,99,217.50 approx.)||2022|
|H.S.L.||South Korea||1 million Euros (₹8,12,38,000.00 approx.)||2019|
|N||U.S.A.||$1 million (₹8,26,53,550.00 approx.)||2017|
|G||Australia||$1 million (₹8,26,53,550.00 approx.)||2016|
|H.V.||El Salvador||$1 million (₹8,26,53,550.00 approx.)||2016|
theLotter Pros and Cons
Like every other online casino and lottery site, theLotter too has its pros and cons. Let’s take a look at them below:
theLotter Review Final Say
theLotter ticks all the right boxes and should be definitely considered as one of the best online lottery sites in India. The site itself is very easy to use, and the operator does a fine job at enhancing the overall lottery ticket purchase experience. An app is also available for those who prefer to play on the go.
1. How can I enter a lottery or draw with theLotter?
It’s very simple! Go to theLotter website, get yourself registered, choose the lottery you like, and purchase your tickets.
2. Is theLotter a safe site to enter online lotteries?
Yes, theLotter opts for best safety practices and protects your data using a 128-SSL bit security layer.
3. Is theLotter legal in India?
Yes, theLotter is legal in India, as there are currently no laws that explicitly prohibit the operation of international online casinos and lottery sites within its jurisdiction. theLotter falls under this category and is thus legal for Indian customers.
4. Does theLotter allow syndicate and bundle entries?
Yes! You can participate in syndicates if you want to play in groups. Meanwhile, bundle entries allow you to participate individually and with a group. They both are cost-effective ways of participating. Most lotteries allow syndicate entries; however, you will have to check if the lottery of your choice accepts bundles.
5. Can I win real money by entering an online lottery via theLotter?
Yes, absolutely. In the past, many players that purchased lottery tickets from theLotter won jackpots and secondary prizes!