Best Legal Online Lottery Sites in India
Online lottery is one of the popular forms of gambling in India which is attributed to the fact that the stakes are often small with the potential to win massive jackpots. In this guide, we offer a list of the ten best online lottery websites that accept rupees, factors to consider when choosing an Indian lottery, the payment methods, and an outline of how to play and increase your chances of winning.
Best Indian Lottery Sites in India in January 2022
Free USA PowerBall
Multiple Payment Options
Great Customer Support
20% Discounts available
Lots of Games Available
Licensed and Regulated
US PowerBall Available
Good VIP Program
50+ Lottery Games
Lots of Payment Options
First Deposit Bonus
Variety of lottery Variants
Reliable Customer Support
Lotto Betting Option
Lucrative Welcome Bonus
Many payment Methods
Accepts Indian Rupees
1 Free Ticket Welcome Bonus (on purchase)
Wide Range of Lotteries
Friendly Customer Support
Numerous Bonuses and Promos
Long Lasting Reputation
Relatively Cheap Tickets
10 Top Online Lottery in India Sites
- Lotto 24/7
- Win Trillions
- The Lotter
- Play Huge Lottos
- Lotto Agent
IS PLAYING ONLINE LOTTERY LEGAL IN INDIA?
Many people worry if legal online lottery in India exists. While some states have not legalized gambling, online lottery is legal in not less than 13 states. These include Assam, Maharashtra, Arunachal Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Punjab, Nagaland, West Bengal, and Sikkim.The country’s gambling laws were created in 1867, so online regulations have not yet been developed. Most of the websites are not on India’s grounds, so buying lottery tickets on these websites does not have the same status as buying a lottery in the country.
How Do Online Lotteries Work?
Online lotteries offer a vast amount of lottery games around the world for you to play. This means that you can enter a competition of certain national and international lottery games. But, there are different ways to play the lottery online.
Since a real ticket is needed to enter the competition in most cases, online lottery websites have lottery agents that buy lottery tickets on your behalf. These agents are scattered around the globe and they order and purchase tickets for online players. A scanned copy is then sent to the player online in most cases.
In the case of lottery betting, the player does not really participate in the competition, but they merely bet on the outcome of a particular lottery draw. This means there are no tickets, but bets. A player can earn real money as a spectator by predicting the outcome and placing bets. The money won is then deposited into their account.
Although winning the lottery is a really rare event, there is a way to increase your chances of winning. One of the effective ways is increasing the number of tickets bought for a particular draw. That’s where the idea of syndicates comes from.
A lottery syndicate is a group of people that have a deal to regularly buy lottery tickets and share them amongst themselves. Further down the line, if any ticket within a syndicate wins the lottery, they all share the prize according to their amount of shares. In some syndicates, it is allowed to buy multiple tickets which will increase your cut should a win land ‘in your yard(s)’.
How to Register and Play at the Best Online Lottery in India
In order to register on an online lottery website, you simply need to:
- Step 1: Find your preferred online lottery website or choose from those recommended above.
- Step 2: Create an account on the website.
- Step 3: Choose a payment method.
- Step 4: Choose the tickets that you’d like to purchase
Playing the game depends on the website. On some websites, you have to register an account before you start playing. Other sites will allow you to buy a ticket before you register or without registering.
Also, depending on the different layouts and rules of websites, playing the lottery can differ in some small details. Here are the basic guidelines:
- Step 1: From your favourite Indian online lottery, select your preferred lottery game.
- Step 2: Choose the numbers. You can pick these numbers yourself or let the machine pick them for you randomly.
- Step 3: You can also choose how many draws you want to participate in. There are subscription options on many of these websites. The subscription on the draws can be a great convenience.
- Step 4: Buy the ticket
- Step 5: Wait for the results of the draws you play.
What to Consider When Choosing an Online Lottery India
When playing in an Indian lottery, whether national or international lottery systems, there is always some noticeable difference. Here are some factors you should consider before settling for an Indian online lottery.
The Number of Draws
ifferent lotteries run different number of balls drawn that make up a lottery jackpot. While smaller lotteries contain 5 to 6 numbers, larger lotteries contain 7, 8, 9, and even more numbers.
Number span is the number of lottery balls that can be potentially drawn. Some smaller lotteries play with 1-32 balls, while larger can have up to 100 and more different balls. There are also different combinations of balls, like in the US Powerball, where there are 69 white balls and 26 Powerball.
Jackpots and Other Prizes
Usually jackpots or top money prizes are achieved by getting all the numbers right – matching the maximum slots on your tickets with the ball draws. Other than the jackpots, there are various additional secondary prizes. These prizes range from a ticket price return to increasingly larger prizes as the numbers and other symbols increase.
Amount of Players and the Prize Pool
Different lotteries vary in terms of the number of active players, or the number of tickets bought. These amounts can gauge the prize pool. US Powerball is one of the most played lotteries in the world with hundreds of millions of tickets bought every month, so the prize pool is extremely ludicrous. Lotteries in other countries may not be as high since there are not many players.
Government-Run Lotteries in India
All lotteries ran on the Indian subcontinent are state-ran lotteries. Among the 13 states where online lottery is legal, there are several different lotteries that can be played by those who reside in India. Some of these lotteries are run within a single state, while others are hosted by a certain state but available to play in other states. PlayWin used to be an example of this, but they recently closed down.
Within these 13 states, there are government-registered and licensed lottery ticket providers where you can buy lottery tickets. Here is a list of government-licensed lotteries in India.
State Lotteries India
- Kerala Lottery: This is the most popular lottery in India, and one of the oldest. The Kerala lottery is run by the government as all private lottery ventures have been banned. It’s a large source of state revenue, and the first prize can go up to ₹65 million.
- Maharashtra lottery: This is another state in which Lottery is really popular. Though not as huge as the Kerala lottery, Maharashtra Lottery’s prize pool is vast compared to many countries around the world. The first prize can go up to ₹700,000.
- Nagaland Lottery: It may come up as a surprise, but lottery in Nagaland is pretty popular. The first prize of ₹26.06 lakhs (₹2.606.000) proves this point.
- Sikkim Lottery: Considered a smaller lottery compared to other lotteries in India, Sikkim’s first prize spans up to ₹10.000.
- Mizoram Lottery: A rather popular lottery within the state, the Mirozam lottery has the lowest first prize on the list – a mere ₹8000.
Popular International Lotteries in India
There are several popular international lotteries that Indian players can play online, and depending on their region, it is completely legal, such as Satta Matka. From European to American, here are the most popular ones:
- Powerball US: The United States Powerball is one of the most popular international lotteries and also one of the most played lottery in the US. With stunning jackpots coming up to $20 million, many players don’t mind the relatively high price for the tickets.
- Mega Millions: Another internationally popular lottery, its private prize pool is very high, with $1.2 million as its first prize. The winning odds are astounding – 1:40 for any kind of win.
- Euro Millions: This is the most popular lottery in Europe. It does not limit the participants from other countries. The first prize comprises €17 million, and the accumulative value of the first prize can reach up to €220 million and theoretically even more, as the winning combination eludes over time.
Online Lottery India: Syndicate Vs. Bundle
We have already mentioned a thing or two about the syndicate in the lottery. We are going to expand on it and compare it to another popular option in the online lottery, and that’s the Bundle option.
The Difference Between a Syndicate and a Bundle
In order to maximize your chances to win a lottery prize, you can opt for a syndicate option or a bundle option. These are two very different strategies for increasing your chance of landing a win.
A syndicate is a group of players that play together and share tickets. If a chance for a ticket to be the one that wins the first prize is 1:175 million, we can argue that two, three, twelve, or more tickets increase the chances of winning by a certain margin. However, this strategy even though legitimate, can be expensive to most players and is why people started forming syndicates.
When playing in a syndicate, several players buy tickets and bulk them together, sharing them amongst themselves. If one of the tickets wins, all the members of the syndicate win. Though this can greatly increase the chances of winning a higher and even the first prize, any earnings obtained are shared among the lottery partners or the syndicate.But this does not apply to bundles.
Bundles are lottery ticket packages you buy yourself. These packages contain lottery tickets from different lottery games. Instead of buying multiple tickets for one game yourself or through a syndicate, you play multiple games, increasing your chances of landing a win. There are different types of bundles out there, incorporating various lottery games.
While most online lottery websites provide premade bundles (standard and special bundles), there is an option on certain websites where you can create your own custom bundle. While this option may sound appealing, you don’t really need it that much, since the pre-made bundles include all the popular games.
There is also a subscription option for purchasing bundles and syndicate participation. This way you can rest easy that for a couple of weeks, you are guaranteed to be a participant in every ongoing draw.
Online Lottery India: Payment Methods
When it comes to payment methods, there is a variety of options; you just need to pick that which suits your preference.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Paying by card is pretty easy and intuitive. You just need to type down the card information and you are good to go. The downside of this option is the increased transaction fees and also the transactions often take longer to be processed.
- E-wallets: These are a great way to pay for your lottery ticket. Some of the popular e-wallet options include Skrill, PayPal, Paytm, and Neteller. Deposits and withdrawals through these methods are processed instantly and the transaction fees are considerably low. However, most Indian online lottery websites, with the exception of Paytm casinos, don’t approve welcome bonuses for deposits made through e-wallets
- Prepaid Cards: AstroPay and paysafecard are also a way to pay for your lottery ticket. AstroPay casinos offer relatively lower transaction fees and they uphold maximum safety of both your financial and personal details.
- Bank Transfers: Some websites allow bank transfers as a payment method. This may be the safest way to process payment, but the procedure is pretty complex and transactions can take up to 5 working days.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Etherium, and other cryptocurrencies are also a legitimate way of getting your lottery tickets. Bitcoin casinos are safe and they guarantee anonymity. On the flip side, the values of cryptocurrencies keep fluctuating.
Online Lottery Bonuses for Indian Players
Since India has favourable gambling laws and based on the growing popularity of lottery games, many websites offer and provide great bonuses for all new and regular Indian players.
Welcome bonuses are the most lucrative and although they are only available to new players, these offers come in handy to boost your bankroll when just starting out. The welcome bonuses vary from matched deposit offers to discounted ticket prices, to free lottery tickets. Continuing players also have access to ongoing promotions which could include free tickets, high discounts on tickets, and real money gift cards.
Tips and Strategies For Playing Online Lottery in India
Playing lottery online can be fun, but it’s also good to be wise. With only a few tricks you can minimize the expenses and maximize your chances of winning. One way to increase your chances to win is to buy multiple lottery tickets. You can do this for a single game and a single ball draft, or you can widen your field of play and buy tickets for numerous games.
Another way to maximize your gameplay is to join or form a syndicate. This way other players will ‘lend’ their tickets to you and if they win – you will also win. Remember that this way you will have to share any earnings. The good news is that buying additional tickets increases the percentage of earnings that will go to you.
Next is the bundle option. Some bundles come at a discount, and the initial high price here doesn’t seem to be problematic anymore. With bundles, you will participate in various lotteries and with this, you will increase your chance of winning the first prize!
Tips on How to Win Online Lotteries in India
Unfortunately, there is no way one can predict the winnings numbers and combinations of an online lottery ticket, or else everybody would. No matter if you are playing a lotto or a keno game, you will not know what the winning numbers would be. It really all depends on luck. The winnings numbers are chosen by RNG software and choosing unusual numbers could be one option to win some money, but this is not always the case. The following are a few tips that you can put to practice to increase the winning odds when playing lottery games online.
1. Play the Right Games
The online lottery India games are different in many online lottery sites. Each one will be having different odds of winning. It is very important to go through the odds before investing in a lottery game and choosing the numbers. This will help in improving your chances of winning. The online lotteries titles like MegaMilions and Powerball have a lot of fan following. Therefore, they will have a bigger entry pool. It is better to first try your hand at local or state online lotteries as the ticket needs to be bought by the person in that state only. Hence, odds are better here.
2. Look Out for Second Chance Games
There are second chance lottery games that are on offer online. There is no need to worry if the numbers on your ticket were not drawn in the initial draw. You should preserve your ticket and wait for the next random draw to enter with the same ticket. Who knows you might see some light at the end of the tunnel.
3. Choose Rare Numbers
There is no way one can predict a certain number to be chosen during a lottery draw. But, there is a good chance of guessing the number if you pick certain rare numbers. There is always a chance that the winning lottery jackpot number you have is also in the possession of another online lottery India game enthusiast. If this is the case, you will have to split the jackpot prize. To avoid such situations, it is a good idea to pick rarer numbers so that you have better odds of winning and keeping the jackpot yourself.
4. Never Fall Prey to Lottery Scams
There may be a lot of jaw-dropping and very attractive online lottery games on offer. The ticket prize would be very minimal and the winning amounts would be big. Never fall prey to such sites, and make sure the sites are secure and have a SSL certificate. Make sure that you only buy online tickets from licensed and authorized lottery agents or from government-run sites. There are no ways lotteries will notify you that you have won a prize. It is your responsibility to check your lottery ticket number with the number drawn for a particular lottery game. If you misplace the ticket or have not checked, then the next randomly drawn number might be proclaimed as the winner or the winning amount would go into the prize pool.
Mobile Online Lottery
Indian online lottery is crammed with different websites and lottery providers, and the competition is forcing some of the respected companies to create mobile casino apps. There are plenty of websites that allow you to buy tickets and place your wagers from your mobile devices, such as Lotto247 and Lottoland.
These mobile apps usually have everything you need to play the lottery online and more! This includes newsletters and updates, live streaming of your favourite popular draws, notifications, calculators, and some even have bet and lottery logs to help you keep a record of your previous performance. Better yet, mobile lottery gives you the convenience to choose and pay for your tickets while on the go.
Top Lottery Winners from India
Over the years, there have been many lottery winners not only from local lotteries but also in international lotteries such as the Mega Millions and the US Powerball. Here are the top five lottery winners from India
- Ushakiran Patel– She won $1 million in US Powerball in November 2018.
- Sandeep ‘Sunny’ Singh– The 22-year-old gentleman won $30.5 million in Mega Millions in 2012.
- Balraj Awasthi-He won $12.8 million in Lotto 6/49 in 2017.
- Pragnesh Peter Saija– In 2017, he won $7 million in the Daily Grand Lottery.
- Nandlall Mangal– The 42-year old man won a whopping $245.6 million jackpot in a US Powerball draw in 2018.
Online Lottery Conclusion
If you live in any of the 13 Indian states where gambling is legal, playing the lottery can not only be a great way to have fun, but you can also win real money while at it. The best thing about playing the lottery is the fact that you do not have to wager much to stand a chance to win a life-changing jackpot. We have listed recommendable online lotteries in India where you can play national and international lotteries. These websites accept rupees, offer bonuses on first purchase, and have loyalty bonuses, and offer a wide range of lottery games.
Is it legal to play the online lottery in India?
Online lottery is legal in 13 Indian states which include Assam, Maharashtra, Arunachal Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Punjab, Nagaland, West Bengal, and Sikkim.
What is the best online lottery in India?
There are numerous online lottery sites that accept Indian players. Check our list of the best websites offering online lottery in India 2021. Our top three include Betwinner, Lottosmile, and Lotto247.
How can I buy lottery tickets online?
You just need to set up an account with your preferred lottery website, fund your account, and buy your tickets.
Can I pay with rupees when playing international lotteries?
Yes, some online websites that accept Indian players allow you to pay for international online lottery tickets in rupees.
Is it safe to play the lottery online?
Although there are tons of scam websites out there we have provided you with a list of recommendable online lotteries that are safe.