UPI (United Payments Interface) is a popular payment method that has revolutionised online transactions in India. The platform has partnered with other top deposit options like Google Pay, MobiKwik, PhonePe, and many more to make online payments easier and faster. Read on to learn more!
Table of contents
Top 7 UPI Casinos in India
Live lottery-style games
Guides and tips for playing casino games
Excellent live dealer dasino
Fair bonus and promotions
Tempting cashback offers on live casino games
Hosts game shows too
Accepts only deposits via GPay
Dedicated section for game rules
Accepts 50+ payment methods
Attractive promo code store
Rewarding VIP program
Telegram chat support
Hindi language support available
What Is UPI India?
UPI is an instant payment processing system that can be operated across multiple banks, and was developed by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) — a company controlled by the country’s government.
This open-source payment platform can be adopted by banks and other payment institutions to process transactions on their apps. Using UPI, payments can be processed in real time between two bank accounts with zero downtime.
The system attributes a virtual payment address (VPA) to every bank account and does not require either party to reveal their complete bank account details.
A VPA would look something like the following: xyz@okhdfcbank. The letters tailing the ‘@’ symbol are the bank identifiers (in this case – HDFC bank), like in the case of email addresses. You also have the flexibility to set your own VPA, provided that address is unique and not already taken up by another user.
Is UPI Safe?
Absolutely! UPI uses end-to-end encryption, and all transactions require a two-factor authentication. Moreover, users have a unique virtual ID.
In April 2022, UPI processed a staggering 5.5 billion transactions!
Advantages of Using UPI Casinos India
UPI transactions are super fast and come with favourable limits, ranging from ₹1 to thousands of rupees.
Supports many apps
By using UPI, you can make online payments with over 20 apps such as WhatsApp Pay, Google Pay, Paytm, and PhonePe.
Customers aren’t charged any fees when transacting with UPI.
Multiple bank accounts
One UPI account can be tied to several bank accounts, giving users more flexibility to plan their finances.
Since UPI uses a unique virtual payment address (VPA) for each customer, actual bank details aren’t shared boosting security.
How To Use UPI Online
Before you can proceed to make any UPI transaction, you need to have a functional bank account first.
First, decide which UPI app you’d like to use, such as PhonePe or Paytm, or one offered by your bank. Afterwards, download and install your chosen application on your device, making sure to create an account with the provider if you do not already have one.
How To Register on UPI Apps
To create a UPI account, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the app and click on the option to link your bank account with UPI ID (this process may vary across different apps).
- Step 2: You will be prompted to enter your bank account details and the mobile number registered with the bank for that account.
- Step 3: The app will auto-suggest a VPA. You can choose to retain that VPA or change it, subject to availability.
- Step 4: Next, set your UPI PIN.
That’s it! Your UPI registration procedure is now complete.
How To Make Payments at UPI Casinos India
How To Deposit
- Step 1: Log into your UPI casino account.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Deposits’ section and select the UPI payment option.
- Step 3: Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Step 4: Next, you will be prompted to enter your VPA. You may also be able to do this via your casino’s app itself.
- Step 5: You will receive a payment request on your UPI app mentioning the amount you wish to deposit. Enter your UPI PIN to approve the deposit to your UPI casino account.
How To Withdraw
- Step 1: Start by logging into your UPI casino account.
- Step 2: Choose ‘Withdraw’ on the homepage.
- Step 3: Select UPI from the payment options that appear.
- Step 4: Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Step 5: Click “Withdraw”.
- Step 6: Type in your UPI ID and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Step 7: Wait as your withdrawal request is processed shortly!
One of the best perks about using UPI is that you won’t be charged any transaction fees. However, you may incur a small processing costs from your chosen casino, which will be deducted from the overall amount. This is at the sole discretion of the operator and should be listed in their terms and conditions.
How To Use Credit & Debit Cards for UPI Payments
You can make UPI payments through various methods, including credit and debit cards – even adding multiple cards if you wish!
To make transactions in this way, simply follow the instructions listed below.
- Step 1: Download the UPI mobile app.
- Step 2: Click the ‘Add Payment Method’ option and proceed to choose ‘Credit Card’.
- Step 3: Enter your card details, including the credit card number, CVV and expiry date.
- Step 4: Type in the OTP sent to verify your identity.
- Step 5: Head over to the ‘Profile’ section to create your UPI ID.
- Step 6: To make payments, you’ll start by entering the beneficiary’s details.
- Step 7: Enter the amount you want to transfer and select ‘Credit Card’ as the payment option.
- Step 8: Confirm transaction and wait for it to be processed.
Top 5 Payment Methods on UPI Casinos Online
Here are the top five UPI apps available as payment methods on UPI casinos.
Paytm – which stands for “Pay through mobile” – is one of India’s most popular mobile payment solutions. This UPI-based platform allows for instant money transfers and even offers lucrative cashback rewards.
Also known as GPay, Google Pay is a digital wallet that entered the Indian market in 2017. Owing to the company’s global reputation, it enjoyed a successful launch and is highly popular among UPI customers.
PhonePe launched in India in 2016, having been created by three ambitious Indian engineers. The company partnered with UPI to provide seamless payments and now boasts over 400 million users.
Although WhatsApp Pay faced challenges during its initial launch in India, it successfully relaunched in 2020 with NCPI’s approval, integrating the UPI payment system. This marked a significant step forward in broadening its reach and functionality in the Indian market.
MobiKwik was one of India’s first digital mobile wallets, having launched in 2009. The platform is popular for its “Buy Now Pay Later” option and supports peer-to-peer transactions through UPI. It has over 100 million users and offers easy registration and no fees.
Banks With UPI Payment Online
UPI casinos operate across a reliable network of over 142 banks.
In fact, it’s so reliable that, unlike IMPS which works similarly, you can make transactions to foreign casinos in other currencies. Here are some of the top Indian banks that are part of the UPI system:
- Yes Bank
- ICICI Bank
- United Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Axis Bank
- Punjab National Bank
Pros and Cons of UPI Indian Casinos
Best Indian UPI Alternatives
Even though there are several debit and credit card brands, the most popular are Visa and Mastercard. The latter are among the first payment methods to be used in online casinos and are one of the most secure options you can choose.
Previously known as Moneybookers, Skrill is an e-wallet that’s not new to the online casino space. The platform is known for its fast transactions, top-notch security and ease of use.
If you want to keep your financial details anonymous, AstroPay is an excellent option. The payment method gives its users a virtual prepaid card that they use to make online casino deposits. All you have to do is enter the 16-digit number on the card.
UPI Casinos India Review Final Say
UPI is a product of the National Payments Corporation of India, meaning you can count on it being safe and secure. By partnering with other platforms like Google Pay, MobiKwik and Paytm, UPI has become immensely popular among many online casino players.
To get started, check out our list of recommendations above and sign up today!
UPI Casinos India FAQs
1. What is the maximum limit per transaction through UPI?
You can transfer up to ₹2 lakhs via UPI, though some apps may have lower limits. The minimum transfer is ₹1.
2. Which are the best UPI casinos in India?
Our favourites would have to be Betway, Casumo, and Jungle Raja. Feel free to check out our list for more options.
3. What happens if I enter the wrong UPI PIN?
If you enter an incorrect UPI PIN, your transaction will fail. You can always try to make the payment again if such an instance occurs, though.
4. Which currencies do UPI apps accept?
At present, the UPI framework allows transactions only through INR on UPI casinos.
5. Are UPI casinos safe?
Yes, they are. You just have to make sure that your chosen UPI casino is fully licensed – simply look out for a logo from the MGA, the UKGC, or Curaçao eGaming at the bottom of the homepage.
6. How long does it take to withdraw from an online casino with UPI?
Cashing out via UPI should only take 1-2 days if your casino account is fully verified.