Kerala is one of the most active states in terms of conducting lotteries, and the game is part and parcel of the everyday lives of people living in the state. While state-run paper lotteries are widely popular, the trend of international online lottery in India is rapidly growing, and that’s where the online Kerala lottery comes in.
Licensed and Regulated
US PowerBall Available
Good VIP Program
Lots of Payment Options
First Deposit Bonus
Reliable Customer Support
Many payment Methods
Accepts Indian Rupees
Friendly Customer Support
Numerous Bonuses and Promos
Relatively Cheap Tickets
9 Top Online Kerala Lottery Sites
- Lotto 24/7
- Win Trillions
- The Lotter
- Play Huge Lottos
- Lotto Agent
About Kerala Lottery
Kerala was one of the first Indian states that legalised lottery in India, back in 1967. The state understood the popularity of the game and its revenue potential, and set up a lottery department to promote and conduct paper-based lotteries in the state.
The lottery department conducts daily lotteries as well as bumper lotteries for lottery enthusiasts. Here is a list of the daily lotteries:
|Lottery Name||Day of Draw||First Prize (in ₹)|
The state also conducts bumper lotteries on festivals like Onam (Indian harvest festival), Christmas, and Pooja.However, these lotteries are officially available only through authorised lottery agent offices. Now, you must be wondering how to access these lotteries online, right? To clear all your doubts, we have thoroughly discussed about Kerala online lottery below.
Is Online Lottery Legal in Kerala?
Kerala freely permits state-sponsored land-based lottery, that is, the lottery sold through physical outlets. One might assume, if physical lotteries are allowed, its online version would also be allowed since it is just a modern online manifestation of the physical form. However, the reality is somewhat different.
The Kerala State Lottery Department clearly states that online lottery is banned in Kerala and that paper lotteries cannot be sold online or by any other means.
Many websites that claim to sell Kerala online lotteries over Whatsapp or other internet mediums. It is important for you to note that all these websites and portals are in direct violation of the law and the lottery department can take action against them and their participants at any time.
However, there is a silver lining for lottery players in Kerala. The lottery department directives focus on the prohibition of the sale of local lottery tickets through online mediums. There is no clear ban on online international lotteries in India.
Therefore, players in Kerala can opt for the alternative of playing international lotteries from the comfort of their homes by purchasing their lotteries online. These international lotteries are as cost-effective as the local lotteries, while offering customers a significantly higher first prize.
Top International Lotteries Available in Kerala
Here is a list of the top lotteries available online in India:
Started in 1992, Powerball is one of the most popular international lotteries based in the United States. The best part about Powerball is that it is an uncapped lottery, meaning that there is no limit to the jackpot amount. The jackpot amount can increase to an unlimited amount depending upon the participation.
- Draws held on: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at 22.59 Hrs ET (Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday morning in India at 09.29 Hrs IST)
- Maximum jackpot: Uncapped
- Jackpot starts at: $40 million (₹300 crores approx.)
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 24.9
- Odds of winning a jackpot: 1 in 292.2 million
The highest Powerball jackpot was $1.586 billion in 2016 ( ₹11,895 crores approx.), the highest ever lottery pay-out among all the lotteries.
EuroMillions was initially started for the European market and now caters to players from across the world. It was started in 2004 and is considered to be the biggest lottery based in Europe.
- Draws held on: Tuesday and Friday at 20:45 Hrs CET (Wednesday and Saturday in India at 01:15 Hrs IST)
- Maximum jackpot: €230 million (₹1,929.70 crores approx.)
- Jackpot starts at: €17 million (₹142.63 crores approx.)
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 13
- Odds of winning a jackpot: 1 in 139.83 million
The highest EuroMillions jackpot was £170.22 million in 2019 (₹1,700 crores approx.).
MegaMillions started in 1996 as the Big Game and has since then been a household name for lottery choices in the United States. It was the first lottery company to offer second-tier prizes of an amount as large as $5 million (₹38 crores approx.)
- Draws held on: Tuesday and Friday at 23:00 Hrs ET (Wednesday and Saturday in India at 09:30 Hrs IST)
- Maximum jackpot: Uncapped
- Jackpot starts at: $40 million (₹300 crores approx.)
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 24
- Odds of winning a jackpot: 1 in 302.58 million
The highest MegaMillions jackpot was $1.537 billion in 2018 (₹11,528 crores approx.), the second-highest lottery pay-out among all the lotteries.
4. SuperEna Lotto
SuperEna Lotto was started in 1997 in Italy and is one of the most popular and cherished lotteries in the country despite its low jackpot winning odds. The lottery is available worldwide and draws are held thrice a week.
- Draws held on: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 20:00 Hrs CET (Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday in India at 00:30 Hrs IST)
- Maximum jackpot: Uncapped
- Jackpot starts at: €2 million
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 16
- Odds of winning a jackpot: 1 in 622.61 million
The highest Super Ena jackpot was €209 million in 2019 (₹1,755 crores approx.).
The EuroJackpot is a one-of-a-kind lottery that was jointly started by nine lottery companies in 2012, and has established itself as a mighty competitor to the EuroMillions lottery in the European region. This is primarily because the odds of winning the jackpot of EuroJackpot are much better than that of EuroMillions.
In fact, it presents the best odds of winning the jackpot among all the lotteries mentioned above.
- Draws held on: Friday at 21:00 Hrs EET (Saturday in India at 00:30 Hrs)
- Maximum jackpot: €90 million (₹756 crores approx.)
- Jackpot starts at: €10 million (₹84 crores approx.)
- Odds of winning a prize: 1 in 26
- Odds of winning a jackpot: 1 in 95.34 million
The highest EuroJackpot jackpot was €90 million (₹756 crores approx.), which has been won several times.
Benefits of Playing Online Lotteries
Here are some key benefits of playing online lotteries that make them an attractive option as compared to the physical tickets:
1. Wide Range of Lottery Options
Playing online lottery through sites such as Lottoland and Lotto247 gives you access to dozens of reputed lotteries from a single login. This unprecedented ease of access is not possible when you buy lottery tickets through physical counters. Not only is the online way easy, but it also saves time and effort.
2. Flexibility to Play Anytime from Any Place
Online lottery websites offer options from across the world, especially those with Indian mobile lottery apps. Thus, you will always have some or the other lottery to play with, at whatever time of the day you wish to play. Moreover, there is no geographical restriction with online lotteries. You can sit in India and buy a lottery from some other country from the comfort of your home, office, or from wherever you wish to play. You just need a mobile phone and access to the internet to buy the lottery ticket, nothing else.
3. Maximise Winning Probability
With land-based lotteries, it is often time-consuming and cumbersome to select multiple lotteries standing at the counter, which leads one to usually try their luck with only one or two lottery companies. This inefficiency of the land-based lottery system prevents players from diversifying their lottery purse and exploring new winning opportunities. Online lotteries make it easy for players to split their stake among different lotteries and help them in increasing the probability of becoming the biggest lottery winner.
4. Easy to Track Past Choices
Online lottery providers maintain a record of all your past transactions and help you keep track of all the number choices and bet types you had selected in the past. This helps to track the numbers and combinations that worked for you in the past and make it easy to make decisions regarding purchasing new lottery tickets.
5. Smooth Processing of Claims
With online lotteries, you need not worry about following up with companies to know about the results and procedure for claiming your winnings. Online lottery companies themselves contact you if you win a prize and guide you through the claim process. In addition, there is also no concern about losing the ticket (and with it the claim amount) as all the records are available online.
How to Play Online Lottery
If you are wondering how to play online lotteries, here are the steps to help you get started:
- Step 1: Visit the official site of the lottery website you wish to play with. Ensure that you are on the official website as many fake websites are floating on the internet.
- Step 2: Click on Register or Sign-Up at any of the sites above.
- Step 3: You will be asked to fill in your personal details. Always give the true details as your claim might be rejected if you provide false details.
- After filling in the details, click on confirm and your account will be ready. This is the standard template to sign up on most of the websites. However, there can be a few changes.
- Step 4: Once you have registered your account, sign in and top up your wallet.
- Step 5: Browse through the options and select the lottery which you want to buy.
- Step 6: Confirm the purchase, make the payment, and the process is complete!
Things to Keep in Mind While Playing Online Lottery
Lottery is a game full of excitement and fun, but it is important that you do not let your emotions guide your purchasing decisions. Here are some important things to keep in mind while buying lotteries:
1. Size of the Jackpot
While the jackpot size is important, remember that multi-million jackpots are won once in a blue moon. Apart from winning the jackpot, your focus should also be on winning the lower-tier prizes.
2. Winning Odds
Winning odds indicate the chances of winning prizes. Always check the odds before you put in your money in a particular lottery. Lower the odds, better are the chances of winning a prize.
3. Type of Lottery
There are various types of lotteries, such as dailies, bundles, and syndicates, Satta Matka, to name a few. It is important that you know what each type has to offer before randomly picking one. Dailies, as the name suggests, are the lotteries that can be played daily. Bundles are a package of different lotteries, while syndicates help you buy lotteries by pooling your money with other players’ money.
Top Tips to Buy Online Lotteries
Here are some awesome tips to make your online lottery experience more fun and worthwhile:
- Analyse past data before deciding your numbers. Past data will not only help you understand what online strategy works and what does not, but will also give you an idea of the trend that particular lottery follows.
- Avoid selecting numbers that recently saw huge wins.
- If you intend to play lottery regularly, subscribe for a good lottery software. The software will not only help you track your activities but will also provide inputs for new lottery selections.
- Do not depend on it as your primary source of income. It will help you play freely and enjoy the game to the fullest.
- ALWAYS use secure and reputed websites to buy lottery tickets. It ensures that your money is safe and guarantees the processing of claims if you win.
Online lotteries have enabled people to access the best lotteries from all over the world. Since you cannot play the Kerala lottery online, have a go at these lotteries. We are sure you will have a gala time with these too!
Kerala Online Lottery FAQs
1. Does Kerala Government sell lotteries online?
No. The local lotteries of Kerala are only available through government-appointed agents.
2. Do we get the full jackpot amount in one go?
Every lottery company has its own policy regarding jackpot pay-outs. However, most companies do not pay the jackpot amount in one go. The winner is given the option of either receiving the full jackpot amount over a period of several years or receiving a discounted jackpot amount in one go.
3. Is it safe to play lottery online?
Yes, absolutely. However, ensure that you take some basic precautions like using a secure internet connection, selecting a genuine and reputed website, and not sharing your login details with any other person.
4. Are lottery winnings taxable?
Lottery winnings are taxable in India under the Income Tax Act. To know the percentage of tax and other legal liabilities, it is best that you contact a tax advisor.
5. Which are the best lottery websites in India?
There are several legitimate lottery websites that provide a secure and engaging lottery experience to their users. Among all of them, we feel that Lottoland, Lotto247, and LottoSmile, are the best lottery websites for players in India.