Malaysia’s gambling laws might be a bit tough, but there are still trusted online casinos available to players in the country allowing you to play your favourite games, including slots, blackjack, and roulette. Read our expert guide and find the best online casino Malaysia has to offer!
Top 8 Online Casinos in Malaysia in 2022
Get ₹2,00 and 1 Rupee for Luck
Has a mobile app
₹75,000 Signup Bonus
Has a VIP program
Reliable customer support
Welcome Bonus Up To ₹90,000
Live casino bonus
Secure payment methods
Read Pure Win Review
₹10,00 deposit bonus
Has a VIP program
Has a mobile app
₹500 Free Bonus
Has a no deposit bonus
100% Welcome Bonus Up To ₹100,000
Reputable game developers
Read Casino Days Review
₹8,000 Signup Bonus
Vast games library
Has sports betting
100% Welcome Bonus Up To ₹60,000
Supports Hindi language
Secure payment methods
Exclusive VIP program
Is Online Gambling Legal in Malaysia?
Malaysia’s gambling stand is rather interesting, to say the least. The country has three laws that regulate gambling: the Malaysian Betting Act 1953, the Common Gaming Houses Act 1953 and Sharia law. According to the 1953 Act, any form of gambling is prohibited, and Shariah law greatly supports this.
But does that mean you can’t play any casino games online? No – these laws mainly apply to land-based casinos, leaving their online counterparts in a somewhat legally grey area – just like India, in fact. As a result, online casinos are not considered illegal.
Join Casumo Casino
How To Choose the Best Online Casinos in Malaysia
To save yourself both time and hassle, feel free to refer to our above list compiled by our experts and pick a casino from there. Below are the criteria we took into consideration when ranking these online casino sites:
- Malaysian Players Accepted
You might come across a casino that ticks all the right boxes but sadly doesn’t welcome players from Malaysia. Before finding out what a casino has to offer, always confirm whether Malaysia is one of the jurisdictions accepted by the casino.
Scroll down to the bottom of the site’s home page and look for credentials displayed by trustworthy authorities bodies, such as the UK Gambling Commission, Curaçao eGaming, and the Malta Gaming Authority. It’s also a good idea to check whether the site uses SSL encryption to secure data.
- Wide Games Selection
Most online casinos have a vast games library, so don’t limit yourself by signing up to a site that doesn’t include your favourites, along with the latest titles. Ensure that the games aren’t biased or rigged by checking to see if the casino offers fair games with an audited RNG (Random Number Generator).
- Secure Payment Methods
You’ll need to deposit and withdraw funds from your account to play games, so go for a casino that accepts popular and secure payment options. A site that allows players to use Malaysian ringgits is an added plus, of course!
- Has Bonuses & Promotions
Nowadays, casino players can kickstart their gaming journey with extra cash. One of the best casino bonuses available is the welcome bonus available to new players, so don’t forget to claim it after signing up! You’ll also be able to grab other exciting promotions as an existing player as time goes by.
- Reliable Customer Support
It’s super important that an online casino has reliable and accessible customer support in case any issues crop up that need resolving. There should be various channels ideally available 24/7, including live chat, email, phone, and a detailed FAQ section to answer any common queries asked by customers.
Popular Payment Methods at Malaysian Casinos
Trusted online casinos in Malaysia accept various trusted payment methods that allow you to deposit and withdraw with ease, even while using the local currency, Malaysian ringgits.
Below are popular payment methods you can use when playing at Malaysian casinos:
- Credit/Debit cards: Just like you’d make an online purchase using a credit/debit card, you can do the same with online casinos. With cards from Visa and Mastercard, you can securely deposit funds into your casino account. You’ll only need to enter your card details, and that’s it!
- E-wallets: If you’re looking for a safe and fast payment option, you can’t go wrong with e-wallets. You’ll have your money in less than 24 hours, and deposits are instant. Popular e-wallets in Malaysia include NETELLER, Skrill, ecoPayz and PayPal.
- Cryptocurrency: Crypto casinos such as Bitcoin casinos and Ethereum casinos are slowly taking over the online gaming world, thanks to their speed and anonymity. They are fast, keep your details private and allow large transactions.
- Bank transfers: Due to the tough stand on gambling in Malaysia, some banks don’t allow transactions to casinos. If you want to use this option, first confirm whether your local bank allows it.
Join Casumo Casino
Popular Games to Play at Online Casinos Malaysia
The online casinos on our above list are powered by highly reputable software developers such as Evolution Gaming, Quickspin, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play and IGT.
Here are the best casino games you can play at top Malaysian casinos by category:
- Slots: As the most common game you’ll find at any online casino, slots need no introduction. The gameplay is simple, and all you need to do is spin the reels. Some of the most popular titles you can play include Book of Dead, Cleopatra, Immortal Romance and Starburst – don’t forget to look out for any free spins or reload bonuses!
- Jackpot games: Even though different games offer varying (yet still colossal) rewards, jackpot slots have the largest prizes of all, with titles such as Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune being the most popular.
- Table games: Blackjack, roulette, baccarat or poker are all staples of a good online casino – check out our article on the best casino strategy tips for ideas on how to beat the house and maximise your winnings!
- Live casino games: Live dealer games offer the same experience you’d get in a brick-and-mortar casino. You get to play blackjack, roulette, poker and other table games in real time against a live dealer and real players, with whom you can interact often via live chat. Look out for newer live casino games as well such as Crazy Time and Deal or No Deal, which offer a game show experience.
Casino Bonuses for Malaysian Players
Like other international sites, top online casinos in Malaysia also offer bonuses and promotions for their players, with welcome offers usually varying between RM100 and RM100,000.
Popular casino bonuses offered at Malaysian online casinos include:
The welcome bonus is only a one-time offer, so you also need to consider which other promotions the casino offers, such as cashbacks and reload bonuses. Don’t forget to check the terms and conditions attached, because some offers might be near impossible to claim. In addition, look out for a VIP programme that you may be able to enrol in.
Mobile Casinos in Malaysia
The convenience of mobile gaming is simply unmatched, with many Malaysian online casinos now having native apps or mobile-optimised sites that you can access via your device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) whether you use Android or Apple. Most, if not all casinos listed above can be accessed via an app or on your mobile browser.
Top Malaysian Casino Players
Besides rich culture and fantastic scenery, Malaysia also has some of the best casino players known worldwide. They have participated in poker tournaments and left their mark as well as walked away with large sums of money. If you are curious about who these players are, then let’s dive right into it.
- Paul Phua
Also known as the “World’s Biggest Bookie”, Paul Phua is the top casino player in Malaysia, with over $24 million in all-time poker winnings. Phua was born in Miri, Malaysia and is a frequent visitor of the casinos in Macau. In 2022, he became the best player in the Triton Poker Series Madrid No-Limit Hold ’em – 7-Handed (Event #2) and won €740,400. Phua has ranked in the top 5 for many tournaments globally.
- Christopher Michael Soyza
Born and raised in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Soyza is a skilled poker player who even became a team member of the Natural8 poker group. In total, Soyza has won over $9 million in different poker competitions worldwide. In 2019, he came in first place in the Asia Pacific Poker Tour Korea No-Limit Hold ’em – Super High Roller (Event #10) and won ₩178,890,000.
- Seng Yee Leow
Leow is an aggressive poker player born in Malaysia whose record in live poker tournaments is nothing short of impressive. He’s won over $12 million in total poker earnings, and his biggest win was the Merit Poker Super High Roller Bowl Europe No-Limit Hold ’em, where he walked away with $2,460,000 after coming in second place.
Interesting Casino Facts About Malaysia
In this section, we’ll reveal interesting casino facts about Malaysia that will probably surprise you!
- Did you know Malaysia has only one land-based casino?
Malaysia has only one land-based casino – the famous Genting Casino. It’s a high-end resort that mostly attracts tourists and locks out many Malaysians who can’t match the high stakes set.
- Did you know the legal gambling age in Malaysia is 21?
In Malaysia, you need to be 21 years and above to access land-based casinos. However, most online sites will require you to be 18 years and above.
- Did you know that majority of Malaysia’s population is Muslim?
Roughly 60% of Malaysia’s population is Muslim, contributing to the dual justice system that includes Sharia Law. The latter also partially explains the nation’s tough stance on as it considers gambling haram (forbidden by Islam).
Online Casinos in Malaysia Final Say
Malaysian players looking to enjoy some casino entertainment can only do it online as land-based casinos are almost non-existent in the country. The good news is that there are trusted online casinos available in Malaysia with exciting games, top bonuses and secure payment methods.
Simply refer to our list above for the best of the best – we especially recommend Casumo, Royal Panda, and 10CRIC!
Join Casumo Casino
Online Casino Malaysia FAQs
- Is online gambling legal in Malaysia?
Yes, it is. Even though the country has strict gambling laws, online casinos fall into a legally grey area, so you can play online without breaking any laws.
- Are online casinos in Malaysia safe?
Yes, they are. Malaysian online casinos are licensed by reputable authorities and are secured using SSL encryption.
- Can Malaysian players claim casino bonuses?
Yes. From welcome bonuses to cashbacks, players from Malaysia can claim bonuses from top online casinos.
- Does Genting Casino have an online site?
Unfortunately, no. The casino only has a brick-and-mortar establishment where you can play games such as slots and poker.
- Which are the best Malaysian online casinos?
The casinos on our list are some of the best online casinos for Malaysian players as they are secure and safe and will offer you a thrilling gaming experience.